Getting older is a fact of life that will never change. However, aging doesn’t happen equally for everyone. Some people age so gracefully it’s hardly noticeable while others find themselves needing help in managing their aging appearance. Fortunately, the desire for graceful aging is no longer considered a vain act. This has led to an unprecedented number of treatments available to address your specific aging concerns.
Whether you want to remove those wrinkles, add volume to your face and lips, or even get hair restoration done there are is no lack of procedures available to address your concerns. However, the real challenge lies in finding the right place to perform your desired procedures. That’s why in this article we’re going to explore what to look for in a medical spa and how you can get started as early as today.
Understanding What Makes a Quality Medical Spa
It’s important to note that medical spas are not created equal. There are many of them that are medical spas in name only or lack the services and experience necessary to keep you healthy while producing the results you want.
To assist you with what to look for in a medical spa we have compiled a checklist for your review so you can be as informed as possible.
- Doctors and medical professionals matter: In order for a medical spa to be a truly medical one there needs to be an onsite doctor or medical professional immediately available. While a doctor is not needed to perform every procedure that exists the need for certified professionals still exists. In addition to a qualified doctor there may be licensed RN’s, anesthesiologists, and other similar positions. Make sure to verify that not only are they medically qualified, but are also trained in the procedure. This brings up the next point.
- Expertise: It’s not enough to just have a physician onsite. With your appearance and your safety on the line you need someone who has trained past their initial medical degree into a specialty. A perfect example would be plastic surgery. In addition to additional qualifications, you also need to work with people who have experience doing what you want to do and in a safe manner. For example, Botox is highly popular yet is also incredibly dangerous when administered improperly. No amount of aesthetic improvement is worth a risk to your health and wellbeing.
- Cost: It’s great when you find a location that has the qualifications you’re looking for, but cost is a great equalizer. However, with any medical procedure surgical or non-surgical the old saying “you get what you pay for” is true. If the savings looks too good to be true it most likely is. A lot of locations that offer “amazing deals” are using non-FDA approved materials or other similar illegal items. To help make sure you’re not at risk make sure that the spa buys directly from the manufacturer and everything follows true FDA compliance. Even better, inquire into financing options so skimping on quality isn’t a concern in the first place.
- Do they answer questions: It’s your face. It’s your body. You have every right to ask questions, communicate concerns, and verify the safety of what’s about to be injected. Make sure that the staff at your chosen medical spa not only make you comfortable asking questions, but also are knowledgeable in the answers they provide.
- What Services are offered: This is a big one. Injectable filler can actually be many different kinds. Is it Juvederm? Restylane? Maybe they offer chemical peels, but what level of peel is being offered? It’s important that the services offered match the goals and needs you as the patient have. In addition, consider what kind of after-care regimen they offer. Do they have products that can facilitate the healing process where needed?
When exploring what to look for in a medical spa make sure it’s one that offers a solution to the questions above as well any others you come up with. If you want a medical spa that can do it all, then consider choosing Image Center for all of your aesthetic needs.
Improve Your Aesthetics with Image Center
The staff at Image Center offers not only proven cosmetic procedures such as chemical peels and dermal fillers, but they also perform more innovative procedures like PRP for hair restoration to ensure that every patient has the edge they need in making improvements to their appearance. Our team led by Dr. Peter Newen strives to produce long-lasting results that our patients fall in love with from day one. As a part of maintaining such positive results, Image Center offers physician-grade skin care products to maximize patient results.
Ready to schedule your consultation? Give us a call to speak with one of our coordinators to learn more about our procedures.